Hot Dog Steamer and Bun Warmer
- Pour 3 to 6 quarts of water. (no more) into the Hot Dog Compartment. The use of HOT water will reduce pre-heat time
- Place hot dogs in small compartment and buns in the large compartment Arrange the hot dogs and buns so that there is free circulation of steam.
- Turn the switch to “ON” position, and set the thermostat control to “HIGH” until steam is generated.
- For normal operation set the thermostat control in the center of the range between “HIGH” and “LOW”.
- To control the amount of steam in the bun compartment, use the adjustable humidity control lever located in the bun compartment under the center cover.
- Keep the lids closed when not serving.
- Add hot water as it becomes necessary to maintain the water level.
AT THE END OF EACH OPERATION
- Disconnect the cord from the outlet.
- Remove any remaining hot dogs and buns.
- Drain the water through the drain pipe.
- Remove the perforated tray from the hot dog compartment. Also remove the wire rack and steam baffle assembly from the bun compartment and THE ENTIRE UNIT (Stainless steel, while corrosion resistant, should be cleaned daily to prevent pitting action).
- Protect the unit against cool drafts of air, as cool air may cause condensation on the outside of the steamer.
- If hot dogs burst, too much steam is being generated. Move the thermostat control to a lower setting.
- If buns are too soggy or too dry, control the amount of steam by adjusting the humidity control lever located in the bun compartment under the center cover.
- Different types of buns will have different reactions to the steam, so some experimentation may be necessary.